Whether it’s made with a moka pot, capsules or pods, or even consumed at the bar, for coffee lovers like us, espresso is an irreplaceable part of our daily routine. Every so often, though, we like to try something different and taste a special coffee: discover how to make 3 gourmet coffees at home, an ideal, delicious way to indulge your taste buds.
The strong taste of coffee and the delicate flavour of pistachio: it might be hard to believe that these two ingredients can happily go hand-in-hand. And yet when they are combined, the result is a delicious treat for you to enjoy. And the pleasure is enhanced when you’re in good company: our pistachio coffee is ideal for amazing family and friends when served as an unusual break-time treat, or even to top off an exquisite meal!
- 200 gr sweet, roasted, shelled pistachios.
- 170 ml whipping cream.
- 50 gr sunflower oil.
- One cup of espresso (about 30-50 ml). We recommend a blend with a refined aftertaste that will harmonise with the flavour of the pistachio: 100% Arabica Bio capsules, with their strong floral and fruity notes, are just the thing.
- 30 gr icing sugar.
- Chopped pistachios.
- Start by making a pistachio paste: add the pistachios and sunflower oil to a food processor, and mix until you obtain a paste.
- Then, pour the whipping cream into a glass bowl with the icing sugar and blend with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Add the pistachio paste to the container with the cream and blend.
- In a small glass cup, mix the coffee and the pistachio cream. Decorate with chopped pistachios and… voilà! Your pistachio coffee is ready to serve!
Hazelnut and honey coffee
Just like the special recipe with pistachio, hazelnut and honey coffee is another delicious gourmet coffee with a Mediterranean feel. Another delicious after-dinner delight for tantalising the taste buds.
- 4 tsp. hazelnut cream.
- 4 tsp. wildflower honey.
- 4 cups of espresso. We recommend a blend that complements the hazelnut and honey, such as the rich and intense taste of our Latin blend
- 2 tbsp. whipped cream.
- Chopped hazelnuts.
- Mix the hazelnut cream with the honey.
- Pour into 4 espresso coffee cups
- Add the espresso to each cup.
- Add the whipped cream.
- Decorate with chopped hazelnut and your hazelnut and honey coffee is ready to be served (and, above all, enjoyed!).
Ginger and cinnamon coffee
In the ranking of all the special coffees, this unique spicy recipe has a place of honour. Our ginger and cinnamon coffee treats the palette to an incredible taste experience. Want to give it a go?
- Ginger root.
- Powdered cinnamon.
- For this gourmet coffee, we recommend using an aromatic blend such as our Super Blend
- Icing sugar.
- Cut 2 thin slices of ginger and place them on the bottom of a cup. Or let your eyes feast on the different layers of this exquisite recipe too, by using a glass or a glass espresso cup
- Pour the espresso into the cup or glass; it must be boiling hot!
- Now it’s time for a generous sprinkle of powdered cinnamon and icing sugar.
- Pour in the hot milk (if you have the right equipment, make a foam of hot milk), filling your cup or glass right up to the brim.
- Decorate with some more cinnamon and icing sugar. That’s it! Your ginger and cinnamon coffee is ready!
Not bad, right? If gourmet coffees haven’t appeased your sweet tooth, discover how to make a coffee cream as delicious as the one you drink at the bar, but homemade!