If you’re allergic or intolerant to coffee, if you suffer from gastritis and gastric reflux issues or you simply have problems with the effects of caffeine, you might be interested in learning how to replace coffee with other energising drinks that are just as tasty.
That’s why in this article we want to introduce you to some tasty alternatives to coffee, perfect for savouring a healthy breakfast at the bar or for making at home so that you’re sure to start the day on the right foot.
How to replace coffee: matcha latte cappuccino
Creamy like a caffellatte but with all the properties of green tea, matcha latte cappuccino is perfect if:
- You like milk and are not lactose intolerant.
- You’re looking for a healthy drink full of beneficial substances.
- You adore trying out exotic drinks.
Alternatives to coffee: barley coffee
How will you ever do without coffee? You could try barley coffee: its flavour has won over the palates of many a former coffee drinker! It’s the drink for you if:
- You’re interested in a caffeine-free coffee alternative.
- You suffer from gastritis or constipation.
- You don’t have celiac disease or a gluten intolerance.
Espresso substitutes: chicory coffee
Chicory coffee rightfully ranks as one of the most common coffee alternatives. A natural drink packed full of virtues, it’s the ideal solution for you if:
- Your digestive system could do with a helping hand.
- You suffer from anaemia (chicory coffee is rich in iron).
- You’re looking for a completely caffeine-free drink.
How to replace espresso: green coffee
It’s well-known for its alleged fat-burning ability, but it’s also an excellent source of health-boosting substances for everyone. We recommend substituting espresso with green coffee if:
- You’re looking for an energising drink: green coffee contains less caffeine than espresso, but its absorption rate is slower and steadier.
- You’re interested in a particularly healthy alternative that offers a variety of benefits for your physical wellbeing.
- You’re a fan of delicate flavours.
Decaffeinated coffee: all the pleasure of espresso, without forgoing the taste
If you’re not intolerant or allergic to coffee, but just want to avoid the effects caffeine can have on your body, there’s a solution you can opt for that will not force you to do without the pleasure of a delicious cup of espresso. In fact, there are three solutions, so you can choose your favourite one: