You may not know this, but one of the many virtues of coffee is the fact that it is good for your face and body. Not by chance, caffeine is used in many cosmetic products. This is why today we’ll be finding out how to make a DIY face mask with coffee grounds. In fact, creating efficient, safe natural cosmetics at home is easy if you follow our advice.
The benefits of coffee for your skin
But first, let’s discover the skin benefits coffee can offer, thanks to the nourishing beauty mask we’re about to make. Indeed, coffee:
- has an anti-ageing effect, due to its high content of anti-oxidants, which efficiently contrast the damaging action of free radicals.
- regenerates the cells, with anti-inflammatory effects.
- stimulates blood circulation, and swipes away the dark eye circles that appear when blood cannot flow properly.
How to make a DIY face mask
There’s no doubt about it: a homemade coffee beauty cream is ideal for those seeking a younger, smoother skin: here’s what you’ll need and 4 simple steps to making a nourishing natural face mask.
The ingredients for a coffee face mask
- Leftover coffee grounds from coffee made in a moka pot with blends of coffee.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 1 tbsp almond oil.
How to make a coffee face mask
- Put all the ingredients into a container.
- Mix the ingredients well to blend them properly, until you have a smooth, even cream.
- Apply to your face and leave on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with plenty of water.
It’s not over yet! After a face mask, it’s time to pamper your body too: read on to discover how to make an anti-cellulite coffee body scrub.