When the hot summer heat explodes, many women step up their efforts to have a soft, smooth skin they can flaunt on the beach. And it’s not always necessary to resort to expensive remedies: the coffee scrub is a natural anti-cellulite treatment for the body that is easy to make at home.
In fact, it’s a real low-cost beauty treatment with guaranteed results, a 100% natural exfoliant with a tightening and firming effect.
Coffee scrub: the benefits
Caffeine is a very useful substance for counteracting the orange peel effect that cellulite has on the skin. Thanks to its action, the anti-cellulite coffee scrub offers many benefits for the body. In fact it:
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Eliminates skin impurities.
- Stimulates the circulation.
- Favours the drainage of fluids to counteract water retention.
- Re-awakens the metabolism.
- Prevents ingrown hairs from forming.
How to make the coffee scrub at home
Preparing the coffee exfoliant is easy. Simply stir in and mix the ingredients in a clean container until you obtain a smooth, even cream.
Ingredients of the coffee scrub
- 4 tablespoons ground coffee. Alternatively, you can prepare an espresso with the moka pot and use coffee grounds but in this case the cream cannot be kept for long as it could go rancid due to the water present in the grounds.
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
How to use the natural scrub
To apply the anti-cellulite coffee scrub correctly:
- Apply the cream immediately after showering, when the skin is still moist.
- Ensure that your hands are dry or use a teaspoon to pick up the cream, to prevent water from entering the container.
- Spread the exfoliant on the skin, gently rubbing it in with circular movements
- Wait a few minutes so that the caffeine has time to work then rinse with plenty of water. Isn’t your skin super soft now?
To effectively counteract that annoying orange peel effect, ideally you should apply the anti-cellulite scrub at least twice a week. And to pamper yourself while doing so, discover also how to make a matcha latte cappuccino: a host of virtues await you, sure also to tantalise your taste buds.