Summer is just around the corner and things are hotting up! Don’t be caught unprepared: we’ve picked no less than 9 cold coffee recipes especially for you, offering the ideal strategy for tackling the heat, staying cool and avoiding the negative effects hot summer days can have on the organism.
For all our ideal coffee recipes for the hot season, you’ll find a link to the relative description, ingredients and method, and a special pointer to the most suitable Caffè Aiello blend to use for the best result.
There are countless ways to make coffee semifreddo, but we have chosen three of the tastiest recipes, each one more delicious than the one before:
- Coffee and chocolate semifreddo: definitely the most decadent version of this dessert because it contains chocolate. Easy to make, and a favourite with young and old coffee fans alike. Obviously, when making it for youngsters, we recommend you use decaffeinated coffee to remove the caffeine and its effects.
- Coffee semifreddo without cream: the lighter alternative to the classic semifreddo recipe since it contains no cream, the ingredient behind most of the calories in this dessert, a cross between cake and ice-cream.
- Coffee semifreddo without eggs: using vegetable cream (so not of animal origin), and no eggs, this version of semifreddo is perfect for vegan coffee lovers who refuse to forgo delicious coffee-flavoured treats.
As we said in the post dedicated to coffee affogato, “in summer, a tasty cold dessert is exactly what you need to cool down at the end of a meal, or when your sweet tooth calls out for a snack”.
So don’t hang around! Try the refreshing effect of a tasty coffee affogato for yourself: you can top it to suit your taste, adding chocolate drops or crushed meringue to make it even more delicious.
Coffee ice-cream made with or without an ice-cream machine
One of the most clicked posts on our blog during the hot weather is the one that explains how to make coffee ice-cream at home. There, you can learn how to make it with an ice-cream machine, but you’ll also see how easy it is to make without one. You’ll be amazed at how little it takes to make the ultimate summer treat at home: ice-cream. Obviously in the flavour of coffee, our favourite drink.
Three coffee mousse recipes
And then, who could forget the richest, creamiest coffee mousses? You’ll find out how to make the classic version, one with no egg and mascarpone and finally a delicious and refreshing light recipe without cream.
Three coffee cocktails
At cocktail hour or to end a delicious dinner, our three coffee cocktails are a must, including one non-alcoholic type. Here they are:
- Espresso Martini, invented by a barman from London and served in the classic Martini glass.
- Espresso Tonic, a mocktail promoted by actress Gwyneth Paltrow on her website.
- Negroni Macchiato, a coffee-flavoured version of the classic Negroni cocktail.
Now, it’s finally time to sit back, relax and literally chill out! What do you think you’ll try first? Post the photos of your cool creations on social media and tag us with the hashtag #aiellovers: we’ll share them on our official Facebook and Instagram profiles.