With our favourite drink you can make a variety of incredible recipes: from sweet treats to savoury delights. Today we’ll discover how to make a delicious, creamy coffee, white chocolate, and coconut smoothie.
If you’ve already tried making similar drinks such as the matcha latte cappuccino we suggested a while ago as an alternative to the classic cappuccino, you’ll know that making a smoothie is really simple if you know all the steps to follow.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 200 gr fresh plain yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- 2 small cups of espresso coffee.
- 50 gr bar of white chocolate.
- 4 ice cubes.
- Grated coconut or coconut flakes.
For this recipe, we recommend the 100% Arabica Bio blend for its mild, refined taste, available as ground coffee for the moka pot, and in Nespresso-compatible pods or capsules. Instead, if you prefer a stronger, bolder flavour, opt for the timeless Classica blend, also available in the three versions mentioned above, as well as in whole beans.
Let’s make our coffee, white chocolate, and coconut smoothie.
- Firstly, melt the white chocolate with some milk in a small, non-stick pot over a low heat.
- Make two small cups of espresso with the coffee machine or moka pot and leave to cool. Don’t add any sugar at this point: we’ll be adding sugar to the smoothie at the end of the recipe.
- Place the yogurt and ice cubes in a smoothie glass or blender, then blend for just a few seconds.
- Add the coffee and the white chocolate with the aid of a silicone spatula or wooden spoon.
- Only at the very end, add sugar to suit your taste: as a rule, add the usual amount you take in coffee.
- Finally, blend everything again until you see the typical smoothie foam forming.
- Pour the mixture into two tall glasses and decorate with some grated coconut or flakes on the surface.
- Serve while still cold, with a straw.
Easy, right?! Coffee smoothie is a refreshing drink that helps restore your energy and prepare you for the new challenges ahead.
Learn more by reading our article on combining sport and caffeine, a duo with benefits confirmed by many scientific studies. And with the addition of white chocolate, the energy boost it creates is even bigger.
Keep following us for other recipes and to discover all the interesting facts about the black beverage that’s a favourite with Italians, and has many other fans around the world.