Coffee in summertime – if consumed as part of a well-balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle – has significant benefits. Certainly, given the high temperatures, sipping a boiling hot espresso is not ideal for every moment of the day. The range of possibilities for tasting our favourite drinks is wide, given its superb versatility: today we’ll find out how to make delicious homemade coffee ice lollies.
Making coffee ice lollies
Making ice lollies is really very simple. One option is to use the special equipment available on the market to make them: ice lolly moulds and sticks. These can be disposable or reusable.
But you can also use materials that you already have available at home such as paper cups, plastic spoons or wooden sticks. In both cases, the procedure is the same: first pour the liquid you want to freeze into the moulds you have chosen to use and after freezing them for an hour, insert the stick.
So, let’s focus on how to make coffee-flavoured liquids that you can freeze to make tasty ice lollies. The range of possibilities is endless and they are all delicious, capable of surprising families and friends if you let your creativity run wild.
In the next paragraph, we propose various combinations of foods and drinks which, when mixed together, make delicious, tasty ice lollies that often also look fantastic. You can use long coffee, but be careful not to use more than one small cup per ice lolly. Additionally, as the recommended recipes show, you can also mix the coffee with other drinks or syrups.
Coffee ice lollies for all tastes
Which blend of coffee
Sweeten the coffee to taste and choose the best blend to use:
– If you prefer reducing the amount of caffeine, either for yourself, or to make the ice lollies suitable for young teenagers and children, you can use one of our naturally decaffeinated blends, available for the moka, and in Nespresso-compatible capsules and pods.
– Instead, if you are looking for all the energy and oomph that caffeine brings, we recommend, – again for the moka, and in capsules or pods – the Classic Recipe.
– Looking for a more delicate aromatic taste? You can choose one of the various packets of 100% Arabica blend.
Our recommended taste pairings for you
You can make ice lollies:
- Using only coffee (long espressos with the addition of water).
- By mixing coffee and almond milk to recall the taste of the well-known caffè salentino.
- By mixing coffee, milk and mint syrup to recall caffè padovano.
- By adding drops of mascarpone and powdered cocoa to recall the flavour of tiramisù.
- By mixing coffee with melted white chocolate and adding dark chocolate drops.
- By adding, after about 40-50 minutes in the freezer, small cubes of your favourite fruit.
- By adding chocolate drops to the liquid coffee. These will deposit themselves at the bottom of the mould and become the first delicious mouthful of your coffee ice lolly.
- For adults you can add a few drops of amaro or liqueur and serve the ice lollies as an original dessert.
These are only a few of our recommended recipes: let your imagination run wild and make your own personal, unique, coffee ice lollies.