You probably think that making a homemade coffee slush without the aid of an ice-cream machine is tricky. But you’d be wrong! In fact, it’s extremely easy: to prepare a perfect slush practice makes perfect in identifying how long the mixture needs to stay in the freezer. The rest of the recipe is easy because it consists only of mixing a few ingredients together.
So, today we’ll discover another refreshing coffee-flavoured recipe, ideal for keeping those boiling temperatures at bay, just like homemade coffee ice-cream. There are only three basic ingredients. Read on to find out what they are and how to use them to make a delicious coffee slush.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 3 espresso cups of coffee.
- 200 gr cooking cream (it can also be lactose-free if preferred).
- 3 level tbsp icing sugar.
- Cocoa powder.
- Whipped cream (for those with a sweet tooth!).
How to make coffee slush
- Start by making the three cups of espresso: for a stronger taste, the coffee should be slightly ristretto. Leave the coffee to cool completely before moving on to the next step. If you prefer, you can put the coffee in the fridge to speed up the cooling process but be careful: only when it has become lukewarm.
- Pour the cooking cream into a glass bowl, add the 3 tablespoons of icing sugar, and mix until the sugar has completely dissolved into the cream.
- Now you can also add the three cups of coffee.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place it in the freezer.
- After 30/40 minutes, remove the bowl from the freezer and stir the mixture, then put it back in the freezer. Pay attention to the result you’ve obtained after its first period in the freezer and decide whether to leave the mixture to chill for another few minutes or for less time, depending on how quickly your freezer freezes.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times: each time you’ll see that the mixture looks and feels more and more like a slush.
- Serve the slushes in ice-cream dishes or glass bowls.
- To enhance the flavour, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and, for those with a really sweet tooth, add some whipped cream.
One last tip: this summer, if you want to let your imagination run wild in the kitchen and offer your family and friends a different recipe every day, discover our 9 cold coffee recipes, perfect for cooling you down and tantalising the taste buds.