There is a delicious dessert that’s easy to make which is perfect for the warmest season of the year: coffee, white chocolate and amaretto semifreddo, the most chic version of this dessert, with a guaranteed “wow” factor.
This isn’t the first time we’ve encouraged you to make a delicious semifreddo, in fact, in the past we’ve provided the ingredients and explained the method for preparing no less than three versions of coffee-flavoured semifreddo: one with chocolate, one without cream and one without eggs.
But let’s get down to today’s recipe, and immediately discover the ingredients you’ll need.
Ingredients for coffee, white chocolate and amaretto semifreddo
– 300 ml non-dairy cream for desserts.
– 3 small cups of espresso coffee.
– 30 ml water.
– 80 g sugar.
– 60 g crushed amaretto biscuits.
– 60 g bar of white chocolate.
– unsweetened cocoa powder.
For the coffee in this recipe, we recommend using the Classic Recipe available for the moka pot, pods or capsules, which has a balanced aroma and a sweet taste, with notes of chocolate.
Instead, if you don’t want to give up the taste of coffee but have decided to reduce your caffeine intake, discover our range of Naturally decaffeinated coffee for the moka pot, pods and capsules
- Make the coffee, add the water and stir in the sugar, then leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and add it to the sweetened coffee then mix everything together very gently with a whisk.
- Grate the white chocolate into small flakes and add half of the bar to the mixture.
- Also add half of the crushed amaretto biscuits, stirring them into the mixture very gently.
- Now, line the mould you’ve decided to use with clingfilm and add the mixture.
- Use the other half of the white chocolate and crushed amaretto biscuits to decorate the semifreddo on the top.
- Cover the mixture with another piece of clingfilm and place it in the freezer.
- After 3 hours, the semifreddo will be ready, but you can leave it in the freezer for as long as you want, as long as you remove it 10 minutes before serving it, so that it sets.
- Before transferring the dessert on to a serving dish, dust with a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Easy, right? Specialities made with cold coffee are just the thing for this warm summer weather so take a look at these 9 cold coffee-flavoured recipes too, and find out which one suits you best.