This is not the first time we’ve suggested alternative ways of using our Nespresso compatible coffee capsules.
In fact, on our blog we’ve posted quite a few articles on this topic, including, for example a step-by-step guide to making pretty pendants and necklaces using coffee capsules. A fun, eco-friendly, creative way to recycle. And an idea activity for a long, cold winter’s afternoon when you’re stuck inside with the kids.
3 Christmas decorations made with coffee capsules
Today we’re going to have fun making festive decorations using Nespresso capsules for the most magical period of the year: Christmas! Specifically, we’ll teach you how to make three different creations in the shape of Christmas bells. The bell is the Christmas shape that can be made most easily with coffee capsules without needing to alter them too much.
Nespresso capsule Christmas bell decorations
- Caffè Aiello capsules.
- Gold thread or, thread in your favourite colours.
- Hot glue or Vinavil.
- Bows, in different sizes.
- Indelible markers.
- A sleighful of creativity!
1 – Christmas bell placeholders
You’ll have noticed that coffee capsules look very similar to the little bells often found in Christmas decorations and those used on other festive occasions. This is why the first idea we want to suggest is making your own pretty Christmas bell placeholders.
The procedure to follow is very easy:
- Make a small hole in the top of the capsule.
- Pass a piece of thread through the hole and secure it by making a small knot on top of the capsule.
- Thread a bead onto the thread inside the capsule and secure it by tying a very small knot.
- Let your imagination run wild! Using the glue, apply a small bow in your favourite colour, a pattern made of smaller beads, or other types of decoration to the outside of the capsule.
- Your Christmas placeholders should all look similar but not identical.
- Finally, write the names of your guests on the bells with an indelible marker and use them to mark where you want everyone to sit!
2 – Pairs of decorative Christmas bells
These decorations help bring a Christmassy vibe to our homes! They can be used to decorate furniture and walls or used as tree ornaments or in nativity scenes. Another popular idea is to use them to decorate your most important gifts. With these decorative festive bells, the imagination knows no limits and they’ll be perfect wherever they look pretty!
Let’s get to work!
- Make two separate bells, following the instructions for the Christmas bell placeholders.
- Thread another piece of thread or string (preferably gold), through the two small holes at the top of the coffee capsule and pull it tight to make the traditional shape of a pair of Christmas bells.
- Glue on a small bow in a colour that complements those of the capsules.
- Use a piece of gold string to create a loop. This way, you can hang and stick our pairs of bells wherever needed and create a festive atmosphere full of joy!
3 – Garland of bells for the Christmas tree
Think Christmas decorations and the first thing that comes to mind is the tree. Everyone decorates theirs in line with their own personal taste, but whatever style you prefer, a pretty garland of tiny bells will always add a touch of cheer! Making garlands of decorative Christmas bells is very simple:
- Follow the instructions above to make a series of basic Christmas bells.
- Make two small holes on the opposite sides of each bell at the top.
- Thread a piece of string or thread through the holes to make a string of little bells spaced 5 cm apart.
- You could even make several garlands, each with about 30 bells, so that you can handle them more easily and won’t get them tangled!
You might also decide to alternate the bells with bows, or single bells with pairs.
To hang them on your Christmas tree, work from the bottom up, wrapping them round the tree in a spiral direction, or if your tree is in a corner, or has a side left undecorated because it’s up against the wall, you might choose to only hang the garland of bells on the part that is visible.
Three simple and quick ways to make Christmas bell decorations using our Nespresso-compatible coffee capsules. So… what are you waiting for?! Get busy and tell us how it went by posting your creations on our Caffè Aiello Facebook fanpage!