Summer’s almost over and this year too we’ve all enjoyed sunbathing to get that dark, sun-kissed look we love. We hope you’ve used a good sunscreen to protect your skin and hydrated it with a good moisturiser after every shower. But that’s not enough: tanned skin also then needs to be smoothed, removing dead cells and restoring its hydration back to optimal conditions, since sunbathing tends to dry it out, accelerating the ageing process.
For a tanned yet youthful glow, today we’ll take a look at the procedure for taking care of your skin at the end of the summer, having given free rein to your tan in the last few hot but pleasant months in Italy.
A few simple steps will ensure your skin looks healthy, young and perfectly hydrated. Let’s find out how!
From coffee and aloe vera scrub to deep moisturising
In the past, we’ve seen how to make a home-made anti-cellulite coffee scrub based on a process that can also be used on this occasion, but carefully adding either an aloe vera cream or the plant itself in its natural state.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and refreshing properties, ideal for restoring a velvety skin after the scrub. That’s why we recommend adding it to the coffee grounds you use to prepare your beauty treatment, and also applying it to moisturise your skin after the scrub.
The steps to follow for healthy skin after tanning
- Take a nice shower, alternating between hot and cold water to reactivate the circulation.
- Stop the flow of water, apply the scrub all over your body and massage for a few minutes.
- Rinse to remove every last speck of the scrub.
4. Apply some shower gel and finish the shower.
5. Dry your skin and apply an aloe vera cream.
- After about ten minutes, finish off the process by applying a good moisturiser.
7. Repeat the process with the scrub no more than once a week for a month.
8. Continue to moisturise the skin after each shower with a nourishing cream.
Two extra special ingredients to keep your skin healthy
If you want to give your scrub more smoothing power, and thoroughly nourish your skin with natural products, add raw cane sugar and dried coconut powder or, alternatively, coconut milk juice to your exfoliating mixture.